Saturday, 20 May 2017

If not my surname or my husband’s, could we call our child after a New Zealand volcano?

New article from your news rule in Inoreader
Via Network Front | The Guardian by Franki Cookney
Franki Cookney and her husband didn't much like each other's surnames, so now they're having a baby they've decided to pick a new one

When my husband, Rob, and I married last year, the question of what to do about our surnames barely entered our discussions. We are both writers, so our names are on every piece of work we do. That we would keep our own seemed a given. There was just one niggling doubt. What would happen if we had children?

I had always thought that we would just stick both our names on the birth certificate, but I knew this didn't quite solve the problem. Whose name would go first? And which name would end up being used?

Continue reading...
Inoreader is a light and fast RSS Reader. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
You have matches for "a"

No comments:

Post a Comment